Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Angel Chicken Pasta

I believe in Angels.
Who doesn't believe in Angels? The word angels is derived from the Greek word angelos, which means messengerThe word "angel" can commonly be used to describe anyone who brings a message to another, whether a human being or a spirit.  In some religions, angels are spirit messengers who bring messages of truth to aid mankind. Many people today look to angels for assistance or even intervention during crisis.  I look at them as showing up at just the right time, helping, guiding, watching over. They come in all shapes and sizes, human or spiritual. 

I'll never forget the "angel" that showed up for me in the nick of time. It was straight out of a TV show, I swear. I was traveling through the Denver airport with a co-worker on our way to California right before Christmas, 4 months pregnant.  We had minutes to spare in transferring planes and our gate changed at the last minute. We poorly planned to present budgets and marketing plans that afternoon so missing the plane would have been dooms-day. We began running, walking fast (due to the pregnant factor) when out of nowhere, a colorful angel pulled up in her cart and asked if she could give us a ride to our gate. "who us?", looking around...we're not old people. Why us? I wasn't completely looking pregnant (in my mind). We graciously jumped on board and she delivered us to our gate. We turned to say thank you and she winked at us, smiled and drove away. She was wearing a red scarf. A serious angel-spotting! 

Stories like this happen to all of us everyday. It could be the person who holds the door open for you when you have 8 bags and a kid on your hip. Or the person who chases you down when you drop something. Or a neighbor who drops off a handful of recipes to use while we make it through our journey around the world. Tonight, my angel is Amy. She's my neighbor and mother to "Cal" who I've mentioned a few times in my blog. She must know that I'm writing about her because she just sent me a text to say she would drive kids to school tomorrow, pick up my dry cleaning, go to work for me, guest cook tomorrow night and... ok it stops after driving kids:) Angel, not fairy godmother...

Angel Chicken Pasta
1/2 cup butter
2 pkgs. Good Seasons Italian Dressing
2 cans golden mushroom soup
1 cup chicken broth
8 oz. cream cheese (chive & onions)

Mix together and poor over 4-6 chicken breasts in a crock pot.
Cook for 6-8 hours on low
Remove chicken and shred.
Place back in the crock pot, mixing with the sauce.
Serve over prepared Angel Hair pasta.

A solid American meal to have in your meal rotation schedule. I would highly recommend it. Delicious, angel friend.



The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us and we see nothing but sand; the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they are gone.  ~George Elliot


No comments:

Post a Comment