Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Brief Pause.

Last night was the first night I did NOT blog since the beginning of this culinary experiment. I was trapped in a place where I couldn't share my thoughts. I was empty. My dear friend, Jody lost her father yesterday. It was a shock for all. Though age was not completely on his side, it was a sudden departure. So very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with my extended family. God love you Al and Jody, Spencer and Max.

We have dropped off the grid in terms of culinary cuisine, hanging out in Iowa City. Swimming, lots of it.
I tried to share an act of kindness yesterday morning with a swimmer friend where I volunteered to run the girls to warm-ups at 6:50am. Well, it backfired. Apparently thinking we were in the same hotel, I waited and finally found out we weren't in the same hotel! A quick scurry to race to the meet in time for warm-ups, a little late.

Hannah has had a good meet, not great in her mind. We can sum it up with her saying, I'm going to go to more practice after this meet...starting in April! She has realized that hard work and effort in practice makes for better meet performance. Funny how that works:)

We gear up to finish out the swimming weekend as I plan for our departure to Greece. Very excited to eat a little healthier and experience a different culture.




No comments:

Post a Comment