Tuesday, February 12, 2013

February Blooms.


I enjoyed the most wonderful evening with my "sissy", Jody. We became artists, well at least I did. Jody is already a talented artist...that B. We took a painting class at Glazed Expressions. This 3-hour tour included sipping on a little red wine that the instructor so graciously allowed.  I thought this was going to be some kind of paint by number kind of evening. I mean, who could possibly learn to be a painter in 3 hours!

Well, you can imagine the intimidation when we arrived and stared at our blank canvases. I'm thinking, I didn't bring enough wine. Our instructor, Eric was wonderful. He immediately made us feel at ease by saying it didn't need to be exact or perfect. We followed his lead and he cast his magic art spell.

We were careful not to dip the paint brush in our wine glasses. It didn't take us long to get into the art groove and begin creating our masterpieces. I looked around at one point and Jody and I were the only people standing while we painted. Almost dancing. We laughed, we envied each others paintings in progress. We added more color, we sat back. Added more color. The class was all leaving and the two of us were still finishing up the special last touches.

Happy Birthday again, Jody! We want to do this again!! Who's in?


I can add something to my growth chart this year.
I am a painter.
Happy is.


2 comments: