Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Belgium Waffles.



How can you go wrong with serving breakfast for dinner. The girls really got a kick out of this notion. They kept asking me what was for dinner, starting with Monday night. It continued. I knew they had heard me the 1st time. They either wanted me to slip or they needed to be reinforced that yes, we would be eating breakfast for dinner. I even caught myself saying "breakfast" at dinner. Funny. Even funnier at the family attempt to throw it down in 20 minutes, bacon and all!

I had a Hair Dr. appointment which threw timing off a hair (ha). I needed to stop and buy bacon. Meanwhile, home was calling. I screamed out orders. Unstack the dishwasher... "uh, dad is doing that". Ok, I screamed, start making the waffle batter. And Elie took charge and whipped up the mix. Ok, we're in Belgium, but we're taking shortcuts. We're Americans, people! Whipped up a few "to-go" orders and the girls were on their way to Southeast Polk for swim practice....if only my night were now going to relax a bit....I indulged on a waffle myself. I even added a little crunchy peanut butter to take me back to my childhood where my mom served us breakfast for dinner on occasion. What a great memory I have of eating waffles for dinner. Comfort at its best.

Well, it wasn't quite time for a "Calgon" moment. I took off for Valley High School to volunteer in concessions. So the buzz when I arrived was that the sophomore game had gone over their normal play time. Which pushed the girls varsity back. Which pushed the boys varsity back. Which pushed my 8:30 completion into 10:00 pm. Overtime. I left before the game was over. Valley won! Tuesday. Crazy. I wish Saturday was going to greet me in the morning.

Let us not forget that Christmas is two weeks away...no worries...eat waffles...Happy is.


1 comment:

  1. Yum! Now if you tell them you're eating pommes (French fries) with mayo on a different night, they'll really lose it! Belgium does not disappoint!

    ReplyDelete